A Pilots Life For Me

I try to keep the plane in the air as long as can but sometimes it just doesn't work.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

The world is at our finger tips.

Yes it's really true! For those of you who read this blog there are a few things you must know about me. For one, I live in a very cold place in the middle of no where. Yes that's right, I live in North Dakota far away from friends, family and a very special someone. You might be asking yourself why, why would he do such a thing? The answer you see is blowing in the wind. Right above you and me there is a wide blue sky that stretches on and on forever and when the sun sets it turns black as black can be. When I was a young fellow knee high to a grasshopper I decided that I wanted to fly and see all that I could see. Well those early dreams did not come to aught, with a loving God to guide me I made this long and arduous journey, thirteen hundred miles from home. For the past two years I have been training to become a Commercial Pilot, yes that's right. Can you believe that the best school for aviation is North Dakota, what irony! This place is cold, I mean bitter cold with an average temperature of negative twenty in the winter, whoa that's crazy, and we haven't even thrown in the wind chill factor which, always makes it at least five degrees colder. But beyond the weather it isn't half bad out here. The sky is always clear and sunny, you can see for miles; none of that east coast haze. My life out here is pretty nice, you know there is school work and flying but you know what? I am part of this really terrific group that serves and loves the Lord, there name is Intervarsity Christian Fellowship. This year I have been given the opportunity to serve as the evangelism Coordinator and it is one of the best things I have ever done. So dear reader you see, life out here can be dull, monotonous and downright boring if you want it to be but if you seek life you will be given life! So yawl have a great day and I hope God blesses and keeps you!