A Pilots Life For Me

I try to keep the plane in the air as long as can but sometimes it just doesn't work.

Friday, March 24, 2006

THE BLIND MAN SEES




This spring break I went with my Intervarsity chapter to Pine Ridge Indian reservation for a sort a kind a missions trip. The very last day we were there all twenty five of us students took sixty kids to Hot Springs, SD to go swimming and then out for pizza. Now I usually wear my glasses when I swim in a pool so I went ahead and did the same here. Five minutes into the springs and my right lens decided to pop out and disappear to the rocky bottom. Fortunately I had my prescription sun glasses along. So I had to suffer the last day of the trip looking cool every waking moment, it was so hard, so hard.
Monday afternoon was when I got a chance to find a new pair of glasses. After going to a couple of places in town I decided on Pearl Vision. It just so happens that they are one of only two places in town that can make a pair of glasses in a day. The whole selection process would have been easier if my girlfriend had been there to give me her opinion but that was not to be. I couldn't decide if I wanted them to blend in with my features or stick out. I wanted to go with a similar shape to my old pair and in the end I found these really sweet G. ARMANI's.
I went through one more day of being cool every waking moment and believe me it was hell. Tuesday I awoke once again donning my coolness but alas only for half a day; all good things must come to an end. After my first class I called Pearl Vision to see if they were done and they were; this kind of service can only be found in good old North Dakota. I sauntered in to the shop ready to view a normal Ben. The lady brought my new specs out and tried them on, a few adjustments later I was back to normal. But wait to my surprise the guy who made the lenses came out from the back and he queried the woman "Hey, are those the glasses?" and she said "Yes they are". Well lets just say that he told me they were those beautiful pair of glasses he had ever made. And you know I have to agree with him, they are the best pair of glasses I have ever seen! I have since learned that it is really hard being cool all the time.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home