A Pilots Life For Me

I try to keep the plane in the air as long as can but sometimes it just doesn't work.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Once In Every Life

This title really doesn't mirror what I feel inside or what I am actually planning on writing about. You know it might be a fitting title I guess we wont know until I am done.

I went home for Thanksgiving that's Salisbury, Maryland to you. The flight was out of Minneapolis the only major hub we have up here. I had a nice five hour drive to MSP, the great thing is that I have friend down there. The two of us went out to Perkins because ironically enough they are one of the only dining establishment open after 12am. I didn't get much sleep that night because I was talking to Ryan. We don't talk on the phone at all so whenever I see him we catch up. I had to wake up pretty early to make my flight and I still only made it there 45 minutes before it departed. The consequence of my actions came back to haunt me.

As I stood before one of the new super cool high tech self check in counters my mistake became apparent. The new system lets you choose your seat, well it didn't give me a choice and my seat number was in the 30's. It turns out that the back of my seat was in direct contact with the..yep you guessed it, the bathroom. The one upside to having to endure those rather noxious fumes was that I met a fan of Jane Austin, Charles Dickens and even my friend Alexandre Dumas. It's rare to meet someone out of the blue who even knows who the heck these people are. Anyways it passed the time until I got home. Home.....is there anything as sweet.

After five hours and a smoothie in the Chicago airport I had made it home. They say home is where the heart is and my heart is certainly in Maryland. It was the best homecoming I have ever had. I surprised two women I care for very much and one I care for most of all; she knows who she is (Yes its you). The weird thing was that we were both wearing brown sweaters completely unplanned; I mean they looked a lot alike. The ride home was great and I got to spend my first few hours home with the person I most wanted to see. It was really wonderful. We went to lunch at RED, HOT AND BLUE a little barbecue place, enough said.

The weekend is to long to relate at least right now maybe tomorrow I will feel up to it. To say the least I made it back on icy and snow swept roads to sleepy little Super Forks. I didn't get in until 7pm, I was then called to work and after that I had a hockey game. So I was pretty beat Tuesday night and this morning. Traveling is really great with other people, well I guess it was great to have some time to think. I always do my thinking while I drive, just letting the music flow through me and letting my mind find a place of peace.

My heart is still turned homeward, always homeward and as the song "Homeward Bound" says "Home where my thoughts keep going, home where my love lies waiting silently for me". I will be traveling home soon to see if my heart will keep staying behind, left in a place that I love.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger linnea said…

    yo - I was just thinking, you better post alot on here while you are confined to bed. Ok? Ok.

    :0

     
  • At 8:24 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger linnea said…

    update update update

     
  • At 12:55 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger myroaring20s said…

    I've been spending a few minutes, O.K. a little longer, to catch up on my blog reading and I just read this post. I love your writing! I like the thoughtful, emotion provoking blogs the best though I like the humorous one's too. Mom smirked when I told her that because of course she likes the funny ones best all the time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home